Our attorneys provide personalized representation of individuals and small businesses in the following areas: Collaborative Divorce, Collaborative Law, Negotiated Divorce, Divorce Mediation, Marital Mediation, Prenuptial Agreements, Postnuptial Agreements, Mediation of Prenuptial Agreements, Real Estate, Taxation, Guardians, Conservators, Court Petitions, Adoptions, Estate Planning and Probate of Estates.
- Laurie Israel
- Laurie is founder and a managing partner of the firm. She is an honors graduate of Barnard College and received her law degree magna cum laude from The Dickinson School of Law, now part of Pennsylvania State University. She is practices in the area in Collaborative Law, Divorce Mediation, Divorce Law, Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements, Marital Mediation and Estate Planning and Probate of Estates. She is active in the area of prenuptial agreements, including mediating prenuptial agreements. Laurie is the author of the forthcoming book, “The Generous Prenup: How To Create A Prenuptial Agreement that Supports Your Marriage.” She practiced with the Boston, Massachusetts law office of Foley Hoag as a tax lawyer prior to establishing her own law firm in the Coolidge Corner area of Brookline, Massachusetts in 1991.
- Karen Van Kooy
- Karen Van Kooy joined the Law Offices of Laurie Israel in 2007 and together, they founded Israel, Van Kooy & Days, LLC in 2010. Karen is an experienced and compassionate family law attorney, having represented clients in all aspects of family law, from prenuptial planning through post-divorce modifications. Karen is able to assist clients as litigator, negotiator, mediator and Karen is trained in collaborative law. In addition to her work in the family law arena, Karen works with individuals and families in the firm’s estate planning practice, in the drafting of Wills and Trusts.
- Laura Days
- Laura Days joined the Law Offices of Laurie Israel in March, 2005 to pursue her legal interests in Real Estate transactions, Estate Planning, Probate Administration, Small Business Creation, and Taxation. She is now a member/partner in Israel, Van Kooy & Days, LLC. She has significant experience in residential real estate transactions and condominium conversions, having working as a real estate paralegal during law school prior to her ten years of experience as an attorney. In addition to managing the real estate practice at Israel, Van Kooy & Days, LLC, Laura also works with clients in all areas of estate planning, estate taxation, drafting of Wills and Trusts, and the probate of estates.
- Matthew Solomon
- Matthew joined the Law Office of Israel, Van Kooy & Days, LLC in October 2014 to practice in the areas of family law, residential and commercial real estate, estate planning, and probate administration. He has significant experience in restaurant law and alcohol licensing. Prior to joining Israel, Van Kooy & Days, LLC, he operated a solo practice for six years. Matthew is developing his practice to include mediation.
- Heather Hoffman
- Heather has been of-counsel to the firm concentrating in real estate matters since 1998. She is a high honors graduate of Michigan State University, and a cum laude graduate of Harvard Law School. She has spent most of her legal career concentrating in real estate law, and has practiced with the firms of Goldstein & Manello, Csaplar & Bok, and Warner & Stackpole in Boston.
Click here for Administrative Staff